Friday, June 5, 2009

An Oriential Flair

About the same time I received my first Alchemy request I had another Etsy shop owner contact me about making a custom cover for her new daughter. She wanted to use a single fabric rather than multiple, coordinating fabrics.

She purchased this wonderful print on a midweight linen. I used a new pattern for this cover. The "back" of the seat is one piece and the "seat" is one piece. It is easier to put together and all the raw edges are bound in a bias binding. This canopy is also finished with bias binding because I felt that using the linen as lining would have made it too thick. Also, the back of the linen seemed to be a complementary color.

This cover was made for a SnugRide that has a three point harness. I don't have a SnugRide with a three point harness to model the covers on which is why there is not a harness threaded through this cover. This is another reason "slip covers" do not work for car seats. The SnugRide alone has three harness styles, two canopy styles and a major design change which increased the length of the seat back. All these are variables that I have to identify before I make a cover so that the cover will FIT.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting post. Thanks for sharing it! It is always a joy to learn something that I didn't know. I have you to thank for teaching me something new.

    see here my post Steering Covers Manufacturers

    Car Seat Cover Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete