Friday, June 5, 2009

Bangle Dots Everywhere

I decided that I need to make a cover or two to show what I can do. I looked around at other covers that were available online and none of them seemed to FIT like the ones I knew I could make. Many advertised that their covers could fit many models of car seat and I knew from my experience in making covers for differend car seats over the years that these other covers couldn't truly FIT any car seat. So I made this pair of seats.


Actually, I bought enough fabric to make one and I had enough left over to make the second one. I hate to waste fabric so I made it work! The center panel of each car seat is called Bangle Dot and I purchased it at JoAnn Fabrics. The burgandy is a quilters solid and I lined the canopy with a stretch poplin that I found on the "red tag" table for $2 a yard. I bought the rest of the bolt so I got an even better deal. I LOVE A GOOD DEAL. Currently, I am keeping the SafeSeat cover for my self because we are thinking about having another baby and our track record indicares it should be a girl (4 precnancys=4 girls, 1 boy). The SnugRide version is currently available for sale on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment